Sr. Planner - Fountain Valley, CA
- Collaborate with management to establish strategic KPI’s aligned to external and internal customer organizational priorities
- Develop and administer KPI tracking for forecast accuracy targets
- Develop and administer KPI tracking for inventory deployment targ ets
- Provide expert level analysis of process or system issues impacting K PI achievements
- Provide regular daily, weekly, and monthly reports measuring performance against obje ctives / plan
- Support and oversee adhoc report requests of coordinators and executive management
- Support business needs of HMA and KMA dealers, field, regional and HQ staff, affiliated companies, and other MPA customers
- Oversee and develop special programs as needed
- Collaborate with the operations, logistics, customs, warehouse, and distribution teams to ensure proper deployment of inventory
- Manage special projects as needed
- Coordinate with global partners to id entify practices and to maximize global supply chain operations
- Degree/Diploma Obtained Program of Study Required/Preferred
- Bachelors Business Required
- Masters Business Preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain, Mathematics, or other appropriate field.
- Graduate degree in business preferred.
- 4-6 years Operations - Logistics General Required
- Additional Experience Requirements
- 4 - 6 or more years of progressively demonstrated and broadening, highly successful experience in Forecasting,
- Demand Planning, and Inventory Deployment in a sophisticated, disciplined manufacturing and/or distribution environments
- Demonstrate d ability to identify problems/issues, recommend appropriate solutions, and follow-up to ensure positive results is required
- Experience with a forecasting software implementation and forecast algorithms such as Croston’s, Holt-Winter’s,
- Lewandowski models is a differentiator
Relevant professional certification (CPIM, APICS, CPM, etc.) is highly preferred
- Computer Skills Reasoning Ability
- Use of intermediate computer operations (programming in Deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
SKILLS -ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Position requires candidate to monitor multiple functions, reports, and departments at the same time.
- Prioritization of projects and customers to the benefit is paramount.
- High research and product development knowledge are also required.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills required
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong statistical forecasting experience required
- SQL query experience preferred
- APICS training or certification pre ferred
- Thorough understanding of complex inv entory management software
- Proficient in MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint soft ware
- Well versed background in Supply Chain Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Able to grasp the underlying concepts in complex information and identify root causes of problems that arise.
- Solutions are formulated based on a synthesis of information and not impulsively.
- Breaks down problems and issues into subcomponents and then assesses the costs, benefits and risks of various options prior to selecting a particular approach.
- Application of New Skills
- Makes initiative to put new skills and knowledge to use in a timely and effective manner.
- Applies new skills on the job before forgetting what was learned and ensures that the skills are used to create a positive impact on a day-to-day basis.
- Attention To Detail
- Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Fountain Valley, CA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sr. Planner
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351287
Posted Date: 1/3/2019