Ergonomics Engineer - Dearborn, MI
- Single point of contact for specified program team(s) for the Ergonomic Attribute. For assigned program, assure full compliance to ergonomic requirements (Trustmark, SDS, etc.) working with Design Studio, D&R activates, and Vehicle Engineering activities. Provide input on HMI / HCI with respect to customer usability of the User Interface Participate in user research and conduct clinics to assess usability of various HMI proposals.
- Synthesize findings into actionable insights.
- Modeling information structures, screen layouts, screen flows and other UI attributes Provide input to, and signoff on graphics for controls and displays.
- Assist in developing program targets, assumptions and new vehicle features by identifying ergonomics' needs and wants through the use of detailed benchmarking and the application of ergonomic standards and principles.
- Drive solutions to raised ergonomic concerns by LEADING cross-functional teams while ensuring designs are compatible with Customer wants, attribute targets, Corporate requirements, Service, Assembly, etc.
- Utilize SetK, eFDVS, and e-Deviation in the application and assessment of ergonomic standards for vehicle components and drive the compliance or deviation process as needed.
- Contribute to the development of Package-Ergonomics processes, guidelines, standards and cross-vehicle recommendations Participate in appropriate meetings to support the program(s), including AST, Part II, Part I, Interior/Exterior Feasibility, Feasibility Checkpoint (FC), and Program Package Routinely present ergonomic issues to Program Management/Chiefs
MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint Minitab or equivalent Adobe illustrator or Photoshop
OEM Program experience and knowledge of GPDS eFDVS, Feasibility Checkpoint (FC) Process and other program driven process. CAD application experience (Catia preferred)
0-5 years minimum, 3-5 years of ergonomic automotive experience preferred
BS degree specializing in Human Factors/Ergonomics is required (would also consider Industrial or Automotive Engineering with focus on ergonomics)
MS in Human Factors
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Ergonomics Engineer
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351398
Posted Date: 1/3/2019