Customer Service Coordinator - Corning, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Collections Representative to work onsite in Corning, NY for a year long contract. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Monday-Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Overtime possible on a case by case basis when supervisor approved.
Travel Requirements: Travel between buildings within the valley may be required for meetings
- Direct collection and management of past due accounts that may vary by business.
- Proactively monitor exposure vs. credit limit on existing accounts.
- Extend credit to new customers with guidance from Credit Manager.
- Determine credit status for customers as determined by Corporate Credit Policy, CPS-16.
- Utilize excel sheets to monitor customer accounts and take necessary action as the situation warrants.
- Record customer interactions, both internal and external, within PeopleSoft and SAP to capture information details.
- Collect customer financial information, historical payment trends and supply to Credit Manager/Credit
- Analyst for use in determining appropriate risk on new and existing accounts.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Contacting past due/over credit limit accounts for payment via telephone.
- Utilize excel sheets to monitor account portfolio for past due customers.
- Utilize system to monitor account portfolio for exposure vs. credit limit on existing accounts and initiate whatever corrective action may be necessary to bring the two in line (raising credit limit or exercise strict control of shipments).
- Take appropriate collection action on past-due accounts (customer contact, involve the appropriate business personnel, and potentially hold shipments).
- Review all payment irregularities; take whatever action to resolve.
- Prepare monthly reports on status of major past due accounts for Credit Manager.
- Respond to incoming communications from customers, sales/marketing and customer service and enter details into PeopleSoft Conversation panel and SAP Conversation panel.
- Work with CSS Credit Teams to solve issues and work accounts as assigned.
- Enter details of all customer interaction, both internal and external, within PeopleSoft conversation and SAP conversation features to capture information and record contact.
- Work with business personnel when needed to resolve issues with customer base, can include Customer Service, Sales and Finance personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
HS Diploma required
Bachelors or Associates in a relevant field is highly desired
PeopleSoft or SAP Experience highly desired
*Spanish speaking desired
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Customer Service Coordinator
Location: Corning, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351546
Posted Date: 1/7/2019