Product Engineer-Chassis Systems - Auburn Hills, MI
This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and production release of Chassis components and/or systems. Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management. Engineering role will also require individual to manage program development and report status, issues and recovery plans. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is required (written, verbal and presentation skills).
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent accreditation).
- Minimum 2 years or more experience in product development in any Chassis component or system with production release experience/responsibility.
- Chassis Frames preferred.
- 3 years or more experience specifically related to the design, development & releasing of Chassis structural frames would be ideal.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills & ability to interact with multiple engineering & other cross functional teams.
- Design and manufacturing knowledge of stamped steel components and welded assemblies required.
- Validation skills and experience with setting up and testing of structural components at a bench test level and a system level preferred.
- Ability to perform basic design activities in Catia/NX/Teamcenter related to vehicle packaging and design of components required.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is also a must (verbal, written and presentation skills).
- Must be confident in presenting to all levels of management.
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer-Chassis Systems
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351645
Posted Date: 1/10/2019