Mechanical Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
We are seeking a Principal Mobility Engineer in support of our Combat Vehicle platforms. The selected candidate will join a team in the integration of of powertrain systems, including engines, transmissions, and powertrain cooling. The position role includes responsibility to:
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with company and program safety objectives.
• Prepare and presenting project technical results and recommendations
• Participate in formal technical reviews
• Provide input and status to project lead on technical content, cost, schedule, and workload requirements.
• Lead the design effort of mobility systems with assigned design support
• Support creation of test plans and reports
• Experience in the design and integration of one or more of the following mobility systems: diesel engines, transmissions, or cooling systems.
• Working knowledge of relevant military or commercial design or drawing standards.
• Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers
• Good knowledge of products and advanced knowledge of functional or technical area; advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in area of expertise.
• Ability to identify, define, interpret, and resolve engineering problems involving conflicting design/contractual/policy or technical requirements across functional areas.
•Demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, papers, and presentations and deliver them in written and oral form.
• Proven experience communicating effectively with cross-functional engineering teams.
• Experience in developing engine, transmission, or powertrain cooling systems for military ground combat vehicles
• Development of powertrain models in AMESim
6 years relevant experience in development of diesel engines, transmissions, or powertrain cooling systems.
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351698
Posted Date: 1/7/2019