Database Analyst - Charlotte, NC
Ranked as a top Fortune100 Financial Services company, our client has an opening for a database analyst work onsite in Charlotte, NC or Des Moines IA. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
• Develop operational policies, procedures, controls and standards
• Develop, implement and maintain automation efficiencies using scripting languages (PERL, KornShell) in a UNIX environment
• Develop and maintain implementation guides and maintenance processes and documentation
• Database software certifications, roadmap planning and maintenance management
• Perform database environment capacity planning and availability management
• Collaborate with partners to resolve company database policy compliance and vulnerability violations
• Consult with and advise management on high impact database solutions and database management topics
• Participates in the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
• Consults with and advises management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues with direct oversight from the senior DBAs on the team.
• Handles and participates in various medium to large scale or data/database management activities including one or more of the following:
o Designing simple to medium complexity logical and/or physical databases in Oracle
o Leading simple to medium complexity data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts;
• 10+ yrs. experience acting in a performance tuning role.
• Experience conducting performance evaluations of applications and managing the performance process
• Must have experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
• Experience with AppDynamics is preferred.
• Troubleshooting and resolving common performance related problems; monitoring systems and components for performance
• Analyzing performance results and reporting to management with suggested improvements and recommendations Reviewing performance assessments and producing standard performance reports
• Using transaction scripting and load simulation software
• Using scripting languages for automation and process control
• Organizing and managing testing scenarios
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Database Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351863
Posted Date: 1/8/2019