Multi-Discipline Engineer/ Ceramic Engineer - Big Flats, NY
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position will technical support in the Precision Wet Coating group. This involves the use of equipment and the application of materials related to various methods of coating, printing and their associated metrology in early stage development. In addition, the position includes executing experimental plans, coordinating engineering activities, and providing expertise in different printing ink/coating application technologies.
- Individual will be knowledgeable and experienced in the operation of printing and coating equipment and processes within the Precision Wet Coating labs.
- Provide the safe operation and maintenance of equipment within the labs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Interface and work with the Research, Development, and Manufacturing teams to innovate and manufacture new products on new or existing machine systems. This may include support in the design of equipment, processes, and techniques for manufacturing.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where sound technical judgment is required in making recommendations and/or solving problems.
- Normally receives minimal instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Takes initiative to identify and propose remedies to problems to increase efficient work flow.
Involves determination of manufacturability of products and improved effectiveness and cost of production processes through exploring methods, equipment, layout, workflow, time standards, capacity utilization, process/equipment improvements, and process control systems. May involve application of knowledge and methods for understanding physical phenomena to achieve specified characteristics and criteria for products and processes (having to do with printing and coating of substrates like glass, ceramic, and polymers). Involves organizational health and safety management systems, procedures, and programs.
- Good knowledge of processes and equipment related to coating, printing, and measurements.
- Extrapolates from standard procedures as needed.
- Seeks and implements supervisory input to resolve new types of problems.
- Strong level of technical curiosity that will enable unique solutions to the technical challenges.
- High level of fundamental understanding of the process, equipment, and materials to enable the development of cost effective coating processes.
- Ability to work in a team based environment and participate on matrixed project teams.
- Understand how to integrate commercially available and/or Client specific process technologies such as material addition and removal, dispensing, and automation equipment intended for manufacturing.
- Able to effectively leverage external suppliers and system integrators for characterization, qualification, and commissioning of early stage process equipment / system.
- Positive and goal focused personality
- Innovative and technically curious
- Problem solving and decision making
- Results oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit and avant-garde vision
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High commitment level.
- Experience working with the Scientific and Technology communities.
- Knowledge of Client manufacturing processes, especially in glass and ceramics.
- Ability to work on a diverse project team
- Ability to effectively deal with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity, and change
- Ability to build new business relationships
- Ability to work with people from a variety of different technical backgrounds
- Ability to objectively understand opposing points of view and reach consensus while respecting the Client values
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of technical discipline experience in printing, surface coatings, inking, part marking, and/or associated metrology (colorimetry, profilometry, optical attributes).
- HS Required; AAS preferred. High technical aptitude and scientific curiosity
Big Flats, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Multi-Discipline Engineer/ Ceramic Engineer
Location: Big Flats, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351867
Posted Date: 1/9/2019