Server Engineer - Austin, TX
On Site Server Engineer - Fixes server and storage hardware issues.
Work Schedule: 12 hour night shift, 7pm-7am, 3 days one week, 4 days the next, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and every other Sunday.
- Works with vendors and customers.
- Resolves Linux and Windows server issues.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and VMWare.
- Experience with Dell server and storage hardware.
- Provides expertise in hardware support, and server administration of Windows Server, Linux (Red Hat/OEL), and VMware Virtualization platforms.
- Recognizes recurring problems and proactively works cross-functionally throughout the organization to recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Works with cross-functional IT groups, vendors, and business units to facilitate and resolve incidents, respond to customer requests, and conduct root cause analysis.
- Knowledgeable with maintaining server and storage hardware.
- Recognizes, troubleshoots and remediates technical server issues within service levels.
- Participates in root cause analysis of technical incidents and problem management.
- Participates in process and technical improvements to the IT environments and overall customer experience.
- Participates with incident, problem, change, and customer request management within the Windows, Linux, and Virtualization domains.
- Documents platforms and processes for ongoing operations.
- Monitors overall performance to proactively identify potential issues and tune appropriately.
- Investigates and resolves system problems and system performance.
- Identifies systemic problems within the enterprise and develops/rolls out solutions to drive down instability.
- Creates automation where appropriate to reduce workloads of the team and for partner teams.
- Provides ongoing information to leadership, customers, and peers regarding enhancements, innovations and solutions.
- Experience supporting Microsoft technologies in a highly available environment, with knowledge of MS Clustering technologies
- Knowledgeable with networking and storage concepts.
- Knowledgeable on cloud technologies, including private, public, and hybrid.
- Knowledgeable on ITIL process. Soft Skills
- Gets along well with others and team-focused.
- Mentor junior team members to share best practices.
- Customer-focused. Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Willing to work with many cross functional teams in a complex large global environment.
- Scripting knowledge:
- Able to generate reports through scripting.
- Ability to automate tasks to gain operational efficiencies.
- ITIL certified.
- Windows, Linux, and/or VMware certification.
- 2+ years in an administration and or support role with Windows and Virtualization.
- Associate’s degree in computer science, systems engineering, or equivalent experience.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Server Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351876
Posted Date: 1/9/2019