Software Engineer - Painted Post, NY
Software engineer with responsibility to develop and maintain solutions for
internal systems. Would participate on project teams leveraging emerging
Technologies to deploy state of the art software solutions across all Client
businesses. Participate in internal and external working groups to advance the
use of emerging software technologies within Client.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work with team to develop system requirements, establish design constraints, and set priorities.
- Build and maintain software solutions for internal customer projects.
- Participate in brainstorming and other ideation activities related to software development.
- Help develop software and software project management best practices.
- Communicate development, testing results, and project progress to team members and leadership.
- Integrate new systems and technologies into
- Development and Manufacturing systems.
- Transfer new technologies to equipment and process receivers, provide remote system support, and develop system documentation.
Travel Requirements (please note if international):
- Some domestic travel based on project: 0-40%.
- Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40 hours per week and as required by project (e.g. during system installation and production start-up).
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess)
- Broad knowledge and experience in various programming disciplines: systems programming, databases, web dev, automation / devops, data manipulation / visualization
- Strong technical skills with Linux software development and tooling: Git, Docker, GitLab / GitHub / Bit Bucket, make, shell scripting, package management / sys admin
- Substantial experience with Python; familiarity with C#
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse technical and non-technical audience, including non-native English speakers
- Ability to work effectively in a small team: be cooperative, flexible, and respectful, communicate constructively, show commitment, and work toward a common goal
Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess)
- Familiarity with popular Python libraries: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, SQLAlchemy, Flask / Django, Click, Attrs
- Familiarity with various serialization formats: JSON, TOML, YAML, MessagePack, Protobuf, Cap'n Proto
- Familiarity with modern front-end web frameworks: Angular, React, Vue
- Familiarity with automated testing systems and methods
- Enthusiasm to improve existing solutions and explore emerging technologies
- Background in open source communities or projects (GitHub profiles encouraged)
- Hadoop ecosystem development experience
- Distributed systems experience
Education and Experience (minimum required for consideration)
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, relevant field
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership)
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Independence and the ability to apply critical thinking to complete challenging problems
- Ability to build professional relationships in a cooperative, collegial, and multi-cultural environment
- Be effective in working across diverse functional groups including research, engineering, operations, and maintenance and in a heavily matrixed environment
- Customer-focused, forward looking
For the top technical skills, Im looking for strong understanding / familiarity with:
- Git / GitHub / GitLab / BitBucket
- Linux-based tooling
- Web development
Painted Post, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 352313
Posted Date: 1/11/2019