Project Manager-Remote - Richmond, VA
Project Manager-Advisory Consultant- Virtustream
Must Haves: Must be familiar with Linux and Windows Systems administration and p2v/v2v migrations.
Vmware experience, strong system administration and troubleshooting skills.
DoubleTake software experience a plus.
- Extracts requirements from business and understands technical and business impact of those requirements.
- Validates requirements, prototyping and functionality design and oversees creation and quality of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements.
- Provides issue resolution as point of contact for technical questions; leads code reviews, testing processes, and certification of software; facilitates client and internal meetings; presents architecture and design solutions.
- Manages large team engagement.
- Defines deliverables for SOW and engagement team.
- Supervises multiple teams and projects and provides career counseling for multiple consulting professionals.
- Plans implementations and advances strategies for new initiatives.
- Projects practice area revenue targets, chargeability and other aspects.
- Provides part time SME support to other projects in addition to current ones.
- Proven experience in successfully managing all aspects of projects, including delivery margin, project planning, SOW adherence, with multiple workstream and customer interface.
- Actively drives technology solutions and prepares compelling propositions within senior client environment.
- Awareness of stakeholders and ability to influence outcomes.
- Ability to effectively support business development and deliver at the same time.
- Understands that travel may be required for extended periods of time.
Day to Day:
Heavy Linux and VM migrations, talk with customers from a technical perspective.
- Must be familiar with Linux and Windows Systems administration and p2v/v2v migrations.
- Operational Vmware experience, strong system administration and troubleshooting skills.
- DoubleTake software experience a plus.
Hours: Standard Mon-Fri - working some off hours might be required
This position is remote with possible need for travel (10%) for face to face meetings, etc. - to either: One of the Dell corporate sites in Texas or one of our Virtustream offices in either McLean, VA or Hopkinton, MA.
Possibility of extension or conversion but not guaranteed.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Project Manager-Remote
Location: Richmond, VA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 352385
Posted Date: 1/11/2019