Oracle DBA - Phoenix, AZ
Ranked as a top Fortune 100 Financial Services company, our client has an opening for an Oracle DBA to work onsite in Phoenix, AZ. While this is a 12 month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a Fortune 100 company with around $2.0 trillion in assets. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
This position provides senior level capabilities relative to database administration for our client.
• Develop operational policies, procedures, controls and standards
• Develop, implement and maintain automation efficiencies using scripting languages (PERL, KornShell) in a UNIX environment
• Perform database environment capacity planning and availability management
• Collaborate with partners to resolve company database policy compliance and vulnerability violations
• Provide 24x7 on-call support for complex production problems to include experience with escalation and communication of the problem to senior management
• Consult with and advise senior management on high impact database solutions and database management topics
• Leads the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
• Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction.
• Other duties include:
o Designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases in Oracle;
o Leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts;
o Developing management policies, procedures and standards; and
o Gathers business requirements identification, analysis and development.
• 7+ year’s database design and administration experience
• 7+ years of experience with Linux, Solaris and other flavors of UNIX.
• 7+ years of experience with Oracle technologies (Oracle RAC, ASM, partitioning, security, performance tuning, memory management, SQL tuning, statistics gathering, Application audit logs, Scheduling, etc.
• 7+ years of experience in utilizing performance tuning tools like Explain plan, AWR, Grid control or similar technologies. Understand and interpret the reports generated from tools and resolve performance issues.
• 7+ years of experience in backup and recovery, application patching, cloning, maintenance and problem solving within the Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c environment.
• 5+ years of experience in leading and supporting upgrade activities within the Oracle 10g or greater environment.
• Unix scripting experience required
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Database
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353078
Posted Date: 1/17/2019