Product Engineer - Engine Systems - Auburn Hills, MI
- This position will be responsible for the design, development, timing and production release of a system and/or component.
- Responsible for the following system and/or components: fuel systems, cooling systems, air induction systems and exhaust systems.
- Other responsibilities will include the responsibility for quality improvements, cost reduction, weight reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Must be from an ABET accredited university/or equivalent.
- BSME preferred.
- 1 -3 years of design/development automotive engineering experience in Fuel Systems and/or UREA.
- Will consider an internship with Fuel Systems (UREA also considered) as part of that experience.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication & organizational skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Experience in the following areas would be beneficial: Formula SAE, Baja, or similar experience in college.
- Extensive automotive experience is preferred.
- Product engineering experience preferred.
- Prototype experience is preferred.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) preferred Belt certification preferred.
- Solid understanding of system/component design preferred.
- General understanding of NX, TeamCenter and CoDeP preferred.
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer - Engine Systems
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353091
Posted Date: 1/31/2019