Product Engineer - Dearborn, MI
- Product Engineering Designer or Design Engineer, to work on Studio Design Concept Feasibility Position Duties:
- Conduct feasibility checks of Design studio models with respect to manufacturability and compliance to OEM and Federal standards. Then develop Catia/CAD solutions such that the Studio’s Design intent can be executed in production. Areas covered include metal stamping, plastic molding, assembly, safety standards, lighting, aerodynamics, proper airflow through grille for engine cooling, ergonomics, and component/system packaging.
- Provide engineering and Catia V5 CAD support in the Design clay model studios.
- Conduct feasibility studies using Catia and propose solutions to make stylist's vision a reality, resulting in an aesthetically pleasing and functional production vehicle.
- Support Feasibility development of vehicle (Exterior or Interior) anywhere in the time line from early concept to production surface.
- Support the balancing of functional and attribute trade-offs within the design feasibility progression.
- Support the Design deliverables for feasibility progression throughout the Studio Design feasibility process.
- Maintain feasibility status of Design properties (e.g. clay models, Inside/Outside properties, market research properties) and ensure conformance to hard points and feasibility constraints.
- Provide feasible proposals for the surface of assigned zone of vehicle throughout theme and surface development.
- Provide a functional and appearance focus to enable creative solutions & alternatives to engineering and vehicle package issues in support of Design Leadership.
- Create system-level feasibility studies of Design Studio & program alternatives in advance of functional and/or supplier support.
- Preferred 6 or more years of experience in conducting feasibility studies of new Design themes and models in automotive Design Studios, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Design Clay Studio operations and design feasibility progression.
- Strong Catia V5 skills to examine existing vehicle geometry and to create new, innovative solutions to improve visible components and systems of vehicles, such that they meet the desires of the Styling Studio.
- Experience in vehicle layout/package, Body and Trim.
- Experience with design and feasibility of Exterior of vehicle (Sheetmetal, Doors, Hood, Fenders, Quarter Panels, Glass, Bumper Cover Fascias, Grille, Head Lamps, Tail Lamps, Decklid/Liftgate, Roof) or Interior of vehicle (Instrumental Panel, Console, Door Trim, Headliner, Hard Trim, Seats)
- Familiarity with legislative requirements affecting the Design Feasibility process.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting decision making forums.
- Demonstrated understanding of feasibility tools and design studio feasibility progression.
- Understanding of production processes (e.g. stamping, molding, assembly).
Looking for an engineer with strong Catia V5 CAD skills or a CAD designer with strong engineering abilities
- BS or BA college degree (in any major) required for PED CAD designer positions.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering or other) degree required for Engineer positions
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353312
Posted Date: 1/21/2019