Validation/Test Engineer - Austin, TX
Must Haves: Strong networking skills, knowledge of Hypervisors and Operations Systems, Linux, knowledge of Poweredge hardware, previous Dell or EMC experience is a plus.
Looking for Validation Engineer who will be responsible for executing validation testing for the client product.
The successful candidate must have a deep understanding of QA process, have in-depth knowledge of Hypervisors (ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM) and Operating Systems (Linux and Windows).
Scripting experience (python, PowerShell, etc.) is big plus.
The candidate must have an attention for detail and be able to articulate and communicate with a great level of proficiency through written and verbal communication.
Day to Day Activities:
- • Setup test systems in lab environment.
- • Automate and execute test cases per a defined test plan.
- • Report defects found in testing using standard defect tracking tools, strong knowledge of Jira.
- • Work with internal teams and external partners to characterize and drive defect to root cause.
- • Report test progress with status updates.
- • Perform new functionality and regression tests; identify, analyze and report issues for follow-up.
- • Other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned.
- • 3+ years of testing experience for enterprise products.
- • Knowledge of Dell EMC Storage and Server hardware.
- • Managing Dell EMC server using iDRAC, Life Cycle Controller.
- • Prior experience managing Dell EMC Storage with VMware vCenter, vSphere, etc.
- • Strong Networking experience.
- • Administrator knowledge of hypervisors (ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM).
- • Experience using test tools for test case repository and defect tracking.
- • Ability to Setup and administer test lab equipment. • Scripting knowledge.
- • Strong analytical, problem solving and judgment skills.
- • Strong oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- • VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- • Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- • Networking Certification like CCNA/CCNP
- • Scripting experience (python, PowerShell, etc.) is big plus.
Lab environment - This position is 100% onsite at the Austin lab.
Flexible hours - 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm or 7am-4pm.
9 month assignment with possible extension or conversion.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Validation/Test Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353457
Posted Date: 1/22/2019