VOIP / IP & Avaya Network Engineer - Wake Forest, NC
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a VOIP / IP & Avaya Network Engineer for the Wake Forest, NC location. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world.
This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
- Title: VOIP / IP & Avaya Network Engineer
- Location: Wake Forest, NC
- Interview: Face to Face Preferred - Local consultants Preferred
- Avaya Red experience
- Avaya circuit monitoring knowledge
- ARS knowledge base
- Alarm Monitoring
Key Job Requirements:
• Associate's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication, Networking, Electronics or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in configuring and troubleshooting VoIP communication and VoIP network equipment maintenance,
• Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience required in the following voice areas: ACD Vectoring, Contact Center, Avaya Messaging platforms, Communication Manger, S8300 (LSP), H.323, SIP and Media Gateways.
• Minimum of 3 years hand on experience in system troubleshooting, including Avaya CM servers, S8300 (LSP), Media Gateways and Messaging platforms, and management isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding QOS operational characteristics.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Avaya Certified Associate (ACA) / Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS) and working towards an Avaya Certified Specialist (ACS) / Avaya Certified Solutions Specialist (ACSS) certification.
• Willingness to attend vendor-specific product training as required.
• Ability to work all shifts including weekends & holidays in a 7x24x365 environment.
Preferred Qualifications: (Nice to haves)
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication, Networking Technology or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience provisioning and troubleshooting Avaya Communication Manager (CM) servers, Media Gateways, S8300 (LSP) and Messaging platforms.
• 3 years hands on experience in system configuration and troubleshooting, including Avaya CM servers, S8300 (LSP), Media Gateways and Messaging platforms, and management isolation of network outage causes & service restorations including understanding QOS operational characteristics.
• Experience in voice troubleshooting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
• Experience monitoring the status of system outages and keeping management informed of any changes.
• CCNP Collaboration certification
• Advanced knowledge of NTM Remedy and SolarWinds
• Experience with Cisco and Avaya devices.
• Experience training employees in a classroom environment.
• Experience with technical document writing.
• Experience with use of Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
• Solarwinds Web Help Desk experience
• ITIL 2011 certification
• Act as VoIP communication technical leader for the network operations center team and as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on communication, network and customer related issues
• Advance troubleshooting of VoIP networks, VoIP equipment, Avaya Communication Manager (CM) servers, Media Gateways, and S8300 (LSP).
• Track major service outages and other service affecting voice activities. Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution.
• Perform ticket management function on VoIP network outages as required.
• Perform advance move, add, change, delete in Avaya CM servers, Media Gateways, Messaging platforms (i.e. Module Messaging; CM Messaging) and etc.
• Ability to work with multiple customers using different processes for MACD and troubleshooting.
• Perform advance system configuration and troubleshooting for Avaya CM servers, Media Gateways, LSP, Messaging platforms, and management isolation of VoIP network outage causes and service restorations.
• Handle internal/external customer escalations via phone, Remedy tickets, Solarwinds Web Help Desk or email and escalate further any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or manager as necessary.
• Develop, maintain, and assist with providing initial training for new employees.
• Develop clients standard operation procedures during on boarding of new clients.
• Provide technical VoIP communication information or direction for less experienced VoIP employees as assigned.
• Monitor and response to alarms for multiple customers using different views in Solarwinds
• Manage ticket workload for VoIP communication team.
• Analyze current network support processes and update as needed and/or refer priority issues to management.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Update customer and ticket in timely manner during outages, P1, or P2 tickets.
• Perform duties as technical VoIP network operation center lead for incoming VoIP clients.
Wake Forest, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: VOIP / IP & Avaya Network Engineer
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353523
Posted Date: 1/22/2019