E/E System Cost Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- The E/E System Cost Engineer is responsible for establishing piece costs for electric and electronic components and assemblies. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Establishing technical variable cost of new, modified and current production electrical and electronic components, by applying activity based costing principles to component manufacturing processes.
- Working from a bill of materials (BOM), drawings and/or samples, the individual must be able to develop technical cost for electrical components and assemblies using established cost tools.
- Representing Product Engineering in Value Optimization Engineering workshops, including participation in price benchmarking, teardown activities, and synergy activities.
- Providing subject matter expertise to support Engineering during the design phase and Purchasing during the placement of new business.
- Maintaining component cost responsibility throughout program life (from the setting of concept target cost, analysis during new business placement and collaboration of all design change costs).
- Conducting cost collaboration with suppliers and FCA Purchasing Department.
- Analyzing supplier quotes and collaborating on costs for design changes.
- Working with suppliers to complete price contracts and verify assets.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of automotive (OEM) or Supplier experience.
- Experience with automotive electro-mechanical components required.
- Activity based costing and/or quoting experience desired.
- Understanding of production implementation & processes for electro-mechanical components required.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills, plus solid leadership, interpersonal, communication and project management skills.
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada and Mexico) 20%.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: E/E System Cost Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353555
Posted Date: 1/31/2019