Quality Control Engineer - Automotive Engineer - Houston, TX
The Quality Control Engineer will be responsible for developing and managing a quality program for their Vehicle plant. A key part of this position will be working in partnership with engineers worldwide in designing and developing the quality systems for this plant. The Engineer will manage complex projects to include identification of critical path items, milestones, resource constraints, etc. The individual contributor will be responsible for product and process quality through identifying and monitoring Quality Program, systems and process improvements. The candidate will be required to initiate, internal as well as external, corrective action derived from the findings and product continual improvement projects.
- Define methods and equipment to be used to measure key quality characteristics of processes.
- Train the production staff in updated work instructions and procedures
- Managing quality requirements on Projects/Programs according to contract requirements (e.g. specification, statement of work, PO, applicable standards, etc.) to ensure contractual compliance and customer satisfaction;
- Reviewing and defining Program Flow-down requirements to suppliers. Performing and leading Corrective Action and Continuous Improvement efforts/projects and monitor Quality System Documentation;
- Assisting with internal audits and vendor audits. Coordinating the approval process of new parts and help with the vendor selection process;
- Using progressive leadership techniques to develop, direct and coach a team to consistently meet or exceed all performance and safety expectations and targets;
- Supporting Product Design Teams for product quality and to lead the use of quality tools when needed and required; and
- Directing responsibility for contributing to the successful accomplishment of key metric goals as established each year.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in productivity, scrap, quality and safety. Implement changes to support those improvements.
- Implement and report quality metrics to establish process capability, process capacity and efficiency.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to build strong relationships.
- Minimum 5 years of quality control experience including project management, safety and quality.
- Ability to plan for short, mid and long range goals
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experienced in implementation and use of lean and six sigma manufacturing principles.
- Automotive Industry experience preferred (ISO TS 16949, Core tools, etc.).
Engineering Bachelor's Level Degree (Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 / Six Sigma
Reaching, stooping, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping all within a manufacturing environment.
Exposure to plant environment with noise levels possible above acceptable limits. Proper PPE will be provided
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Control Engineer - Automotive Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 353591
Posted Date: 1/22/2019