Development Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Development Engineer is responsible for the development and validation of electric vehicle power electronics and electrified vehicle systems/devices for passenger cars and trucks.
- The Engineer will develop efficient and cost effective power electronics using cutting edge technologies, the latest test and evaluation equipment/laboratory, and robust simulation tools.
- Develop power electronic devices DVP & R.
- Define and carry out all required development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals.
- Participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews, including detailed failure analysis.
- Work closely with the chosen suppliers and manufacturing entities to ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact function, and are manufactural without defect.
- Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- The Development Engineer will define and carry out all required bench development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in electronics and circuit design and/or development
- Demonstrable understanding of power electronics and devices
- DVP&R and DFMEA creation & execution experience
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of Electrical Engineering standards/protocols, and of power electronics/devicesHighly motivated and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience
- Power electronics / electrical models, simulation experience, and FEA
- Power electronics specifications expertise
- Electric motor & powertrain controls experience
- Design and release experience
- Strongly prefer previous hybrid / high voltage experience
- Experienced with supplier program management.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Development Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353618
Posted Date: 1/31/2019