Technical Writer - Manufacturing Industry - Wilmington, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Technical Writer to work on a team at our client site in Wilmington, NC. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• Primarily responsible for collecting the technical inputs from the project techs and engineers to document the process equipment machine specs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) documents.
• Writes, rewrites and/or edits these documents to communicate clearly and effectively the technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
• May require tracking of commitments by others to ensure information is collected in a timely manner.
• Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing project personnel, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, and engineering illustrations.
• Formats the information acquired to fit within the client’s standard Process Management System, typically in Microsoft Word.
• Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts.
• Conducts quality review of materials.
• Education: Technical Writer Certificate strongly desired, degree requirements vary - minimum of 2 year degree preferred.
• Experience: 3-5 years minimum Technical Writing, preferably in a manufacturing environment, technical understanding of equipment
• Position is based in Wilmington. Travel will be required on occasion to Concord or other client locations in North Carolina to work with the process equipment designers.
• Miscellaneous activities relating to Microsoft Suite.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Word - required
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel - required
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Project - desired
• Is well organized
• Communicates well, verbally and written
PREFERRED SOFT SKILLS:
• Self-Starter - Engineers and Techs avoid / procrastinate doing documentation until forced to do so. The Tech Writer must be comfortable pulling the information from key experts.
• Multi-tasking - They will be working on several machines, process areas, etc. at once and must be able to keep all the balls in the air.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Writer - Manufacturing Industry
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353675
Posted Date: 1/23/2019