Controls Technician - Addison, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Controls Technician to work onsite in Corning, NY. While this is a 6+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 12 months.
Serve as an Electrical Controls resource for troubleshooting of production equipment in the Finishing area of the Diesel Manufacturing facility in Painted Post NY.
Initiate and maintain relationships with engineering, operations and maintenance groups to provide controls support for engineering and operation follow-ups, responding to downtime events preventative maintenance and small improvement projects. Machine support includes but not limited to safety controllers, PLCs/PACs, HMIs, robots, motion control, measurement systems, instrumentation, material handling systems, industrial networks and computer system hardware/software application support for MES and data collection systems.
AS - electrical engineering or equivalent
1-4 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success supporting automated equipment running in a production environment.
• Rockwell Logix5000/Studio5000 experience
• Fanuc Robot Experience
• Allen-Bradley PLC/PAC, motion control, VFD and safety hardware
• Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• High level of technical curiosity that will enable unique solutions to the technical challenges incumbent to the position. Ability and interest to learn, and apply, new technologies in support of overall technical objectives.
• Fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, programming, and system integration
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Technician
Location: Addison, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353705
Posted Date: 1/25/2019