Quality Engineer - Wilmington, NC
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Perform a PPA/FMEA with vendor and coating experts to determine risk levels and potential solutions on raw material changes, blending changes, etc
- Monitor Coating Supply COA values looking for trends or shift in performance.
- Ensure appropriate measures are being tracked and on dashboards for coating.
- Set appropriate limits and triggers for notification on dashboards.
- Set up systems for response to these triggers.
- Manage CoA testing for coating and what may be determined for raw materials.
- Develop quality systems for managing multiple coating systems by product.
- Interact with supply chain and operations to help with coating supply assurance.
- Coordinate yearly verification on COA tests procedures with manufacturers.
- Ensure quality issues resulting from material performance are address through improvement projects and material change. Quality Architecture should be updated as necessary.
- Evaluate the impact of product, process and equipment changes on product attributes and quality architectures.
- Work with Product Engineering to ensure product and process qualification
- Ability to work across various functional groups daily to accomplish goals
• Only as needed - possibly a trip to the vendor
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Full time with some schedule flexibility. Initially hours will be around 40 a week, but hours can be reduced after a while if candidate needs flexibility.
• BS in Engineering (Materials or Chemical and potential Ceramic, focus on Polymers)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 3-5 years in process or quality engineering (some experience with Polymers preferred)
• Good data collection and analysis skills; basic understanding of statistics and control charts.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and issues effectively.
• Strong Facilitator, able to reach consensus within multi-functional groups.
• Independent worker, can complete a task with minimal supervision.
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Sound decision making skills
• Experience with MS-office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
• Structured problem solving skills to drive to root cause (e.g., KT)
• Ability to drive projects to closure
• Experience with various statistical packages
• Familiarity with Quality Systems, audits, TL and ISO Certifications or other types of Quality certifications
• Ability to work within a team environment (strong team player)
• Proven self-starter - able to effectively manage high levels of uncertainty and change
• Quick learner
• Customer focused
• Organized, can multi-task
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 353764
Posted Date: 1/24/2019