Quality Lead - Fitchburg, MA
Inspection Team Leader providing over-sight of Inspectors who perform inspection of complex, low volume products. Performance of inspection duties is also expected. 2 positions are currently open, 1 on first shift and 1 on second shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with all manufacturing functions to ensure efficient and effective product manufacturing.
- Perform complex inspection activities, to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models
- Inspect products, components, subassemblies, and/or systems to ensure conformance to requirements
- Take ownership of inspection activities and lead evaluation of improvement activities to provide better methods, and time or effort savings.
- Support Quality Engineers with identifying non-conforming conditions that present existing or impending defective conditions
- Oversee the preparation of inspection plans and checklists for inspections
- Responsible for orienting and training lower-level inspectors
- Aid with data collection and root cause analysis investigations
- Generate accurate non-conformances reflecting as found conditions and as required conditions with proper references
- Perform material movement transactions after completing inspection process
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- High school diploma or GED
- In-depth understanding of relevant manufacturing standards and common mechanical techniques (such as geometric dimensioning and tolerance practices)
- Should have strong experience in the manufacture of complex electro-mechanical components, preferably for the Aerospace or Defense Manufacturing industries
- ASQ certification or Green Belt preferred Proficient with ISO 9001, AS9100 Standards, Six Sigma tools, statistics
- Ability to understand military specifications and to read blue prints
- Ability to use various measurement devices (calipers, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc) to verify mechanical part compliance.
- Experience reading mechanical drawings and able to verify parts dimensions against drawing requirements
- Experience using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Optical comparator or other complex inspection systems is desired. Plus if experienced in laser based leveling and measuring equipment
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Lead
Location: Fitchburg, MA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 354006
Posted Date: 2/8/2019