Buyer - Westminster, MD
• Sources, negotiates and issues purchase orders and other agreements for materials, services and supplies
• Ensures all procurement actions which commit the company are properly documented, reviewed and approved consistent with government regulations, policy and procedure
• Actively manages supplier performance to meet schedule, cost, quality and other program requirements.
• Performs price or cost analysis for materials, components, equipment and services.
• Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned procurements to negotiate highest quality at best value
• Acts as liaison between the Program team, other functional areas and suppliers and builds positive relationships
• Interfaces with various internal and external supplier cross-functional organizations
• Identifies potential sources for required materials, and services. Develops new supply sources where suppliers are no longer competitive
• Coordinates risk assessments and creates risk management plans for moderate to high risk procurements
• Participates in continuous improvement activities to drive material commonality and cost, schedule and risk reductions
• Recommends cost saving proposals or alternative sources.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge/understanding of Government contractor purchasing requirements, Federal Acquisition Requirements DFAR and local laws, and the ability to apply them in the procurements of commodities and services
• Responsible for supporting and ensuring compliance to AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Knowledge of MFGPRO helpful
BA Degree required!
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Westminster, MD
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 354072
Posted Date: 1/25/2019