Cabling Technician - Fiber/Wire/Copper - Naugatuck, CT
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Cabling Technician to work on a team at our client site in San Diego, CA. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Receive daily task, install copper and fiber to the desk top ports, trouble shoot outages.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
• Installing, rearranging, and maintaining inside wiring infrastructure to include all
• Level of wire and fiber.
• Performing necessary work to connect, disconnect, reconnect, test, repair and maintain customer provided voice and data equipment.
• Performing diagnostic tests.
• Interpreting service orders.
• Keeping detailed written record of all work activity and changes.
• Evaluate customer communication needs.
• Climbing and working aloft.
• Moving and lifting items such as ladders, tools, test equipment and cable reels.
• Performing light digging.
• Keep customer fully informed of all work activity and especially any planned outage of customers system.
• Performing temporary rearrangements of Central Office frame during unattended
• Identifying and meeting individual customer requirements on provisioning and/or repair contacts.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must follow established safety practices and guidelines.
• Must be familiar with all NEC Grounding practices.
• Must understand requirement of EIA/TIA 568 A & B.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The majority of work is light to medium and may require routinely lifting or moving up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The selected candidate must be able to perform the duties of a rigorous work schedule which includes lifting, loading, and unloading, and pass a physical examination and drug screen certifying this ability
7:00 am - 3:30pm
May require to work some overtime and or weekends
Majority of work will indoor however may require some outdoor work
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Cabling Technician - Fiber/Wire/Copper
Location: Naugatuck, CT
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354081
Posted Date: 1/28/2019