Ethanol Sales and Logistics Coordinator - Houston, TX
Ethanol Sales and Logistics Coordinator
A global leading trading company in downtown Houston is looking for a Sales Support/ Logistics Coordinator for their Ethanol trade.
This position works and supports for their product trades within the US (barges) and from country to country by bulk chemical ships.
Spanish bilingual (speaking) skill is a plus since much of the business is done in Latin America.
To satisfy customer/suppler needs as well as internal compliance, you are expected to comply with punctual and smooth coordination of bulk (500,000 gallons +) shipments with customers and vendors, in a professional manner.
Expertise in complete sets of shipping documentation especially import/exports (marine Bill of Lading, certificates of origin, commercial invoice, certificate of quality/quantity, specialty documentation, others) .
Essential Duties (Not Official: Please ask the interviewer for more details)
Supporting the necessary documentation/inputs for facilitating trades and management of time-charter vessels.
This includes the below main activities but is not exhaustive:
• Send/receive shipping document instructions
• Send product/vessel inspection instructions
• Coordinate necessary documentation and vessel schedules with supplier/customer
• Process paying/issuing invoices
• Manage and tracking transaction costs/expenses
• Validate letter of credit and preparing the required documents
• Assist in billing, collecting, accounting input associated with each account
• Monitor credit exposure of each customer with commercial managers
• Export/import documentation control and liaison with supplier/ship owner/freight forwarder/ship broker
• Negotiate rates with services providers
• File the necessary alcohol-related government documents
• Advise business managers on import/export restrictions, tariff systems, delays, inventory and other supply chain matters.
• Customer/supplier registration into accounting system
• Nominate agents and coordinate AP/AR on each port locations.
• Coordinate with other office locations outside of Houston
• Others general administrative duties
Houston, TX (Downtown Houston)
Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation/ Holiday/ Sick Leave
• Computer skills including Excel and other Microsoft applications
• Knowledge on SAP input as well as company regulations especially for internal control requirement
• Liquid Bulk Marine shipments (barges/vessels)
• Job organization skills for not making mistake/overlook of work necessity.
• Reporting skill to share the information with sales and logistics staffs.
• Ability to be proactive/flexible (think a few steps ahead) and make changes in order to prevent and solve the troubles.
• Communication skill to give good customer service customers/suppliers.
• Spanish Speaking
Relevant Experience and Education
• Marine (vessel/barge) documentation
• Liquid Bulk Shipments
• Licenses or certifications required, if any: Hazmat Certified
United States of America
Japanese / Japanese
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Ethanol Sales and Logistics Coordinator
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 354119
Posted Date: 1/25/2019