Powertrain Transmission Calibration Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Transmission Calibration Engineer will be responsible playing an integral part for developing the customer driving experience as well as optimizing fuel economy.
- Key activities include developing and releasing transmission calibrations (shift schedules) for automatic transmission applications, performing hands-on in-vehicle calibration development work, supporting test trips to verify proper transmission operation across operating conditions and other assigned powertrain development activities.
- This position will work with in-vehicle test instrumentation, ETAS-INCA calibration tools and mathematical analysis tools such as Matlab to meet objectives.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Additional Details Individual will be responsible for working with the media team to ensure vehicles are at powertrain representative level before they are shipped.
- This engineer will be a direct link to all the calibration team leads to confirm latest software and drivability is achieved.
- The engineer will be the powertrain representative for all engines and transmissions.
- Approximately, 1200 vehicles cycle through this process each year.
- Specific position is to be the conduit between the calibration team and media team.
- Individual will use various tools to confirm software levels in vehicle and verify with calibration leads of any changes needed.
- Engineer will work with media team to update vehicles to the latest level, conduct adaption process as needed, and do drive evaluations of vehicles.
- If any issues are found, engineer will work with the appropriate team members to resolve issue.
- Engineer will learn calibration tools, metrics, and develop skills for vehicle evaluations.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Formula SAE, Solar car, or similar experience in college.
- Basic understanding of engine and transmission functionality.
- Knowledge of Matlab, Data Acquisition, and Excel.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Powertrain Transmission Calibration Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354340
Posted Date: 1/31/2019