Manufacturing Eng Controls - Dearborn, MI
- Ensure compliance to hardware and software of conveyors and tooling to the OEM standards and Statement of Work.
- Lead for controls from buyoff, commissioning and till handoff to plant.
- Lead and coordinate Protag reviews for controls issues
- Provide Trouble shooting and fault analysis expertise
- Validate tooling and conveyors are to standard using checklist and compare utilities
- Manage multiple projects by multiple suppliers on a program
- Coordinate of deviation to standard as required. Determine if a deviation is necessary.
- Ensure risk assessments are complete for controls programming and controls hardware changes.
- Lead trouble shooting; coordinate resources to find root cause and fixes, manage and breakdown problems into items that can be validated.
- Lead in integration of controls into OEM IT systems - Factory Information Systems (FIS), Error Proofing, and Next Generation Automated Vehicle Scheduling.
- Participate in through-put analysis and constraint analysis
- Lead to resolve EP system issues: o Tracking controller issues o Get correct data to AIS box o Error-proofing system issues
- Andon o Validate system function, ensure PLC logic and station numbering are correct.
- Rockwell PLC (PLC5 and Control Logix) and other Rockwell components required o PowerFlex VFD o Servo Drives
- RSLogix 5, 500, 5000; RSView and Factory Talk knowledge preferred
- Programming PLC and PanelViews – Rockwell Automation and Siemens
- Ethernet IP – design and troubleshooting
- Vision systems
- Robots (Fanuc)
- MS Office Application competency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project)
- Project management skills preferred
- Siemens S7 with TIA portal for EMS, Skillet, AGV and RGV controls
- Controls Design, PLC/HMI and Robot programming preferred
- Leading Controls related projects from Design complete installation and commissioning of the systems
- Vehicle Operation Final Assembly Standard (VOFAS) preferred
- Industry standards – NFPA70E, NFPA79, ANSI, SAE HS-1738, UL 508A
- Ability to lead 8D
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with all levels of personal for the duration of the program
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills using statistics (6 Sigma Black Belt preferred)
- Implementation of Error-proofing preferred
- Knowledge of IT systems (AVS, EP, FIS, Networks) preferred
- Systems Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical) skills preferred
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred
- Competency in MTTR/MTBF and the FRED process preferred
BS in Electrical Engineering or 5 year minimum controls experience + engineering degree
Additional Information :
Travel within US and International for Buyoff, installation and launch support
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing Eng Controls
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354438
Posted Date: 1/29/2019