Mechanical Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Hourly Rate: $51.25hr
- The Sr. Mechanical Engineer would work closely with our supply chain department in support of land combat vehicles for the US Armed Forces.
- For this assignment, you will function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier performance issues and to provide technical support.
- The Sr. Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for collaboratively solving problems in Producibility, Quality, Inspection, Cost, Mistake-Proofing, Test, Reliability and Affordability.
- Ensure a safe working environment and compliance to safety objectives and policies
- Review and assess supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems, providing feedback as appropriate.
- Improve quality, delivery & cost performance of suppliers through well thought out fact based improvement plans.
- Manage supplier improvement plans.
- Analyze supplier quality & delivery metrics to identify trends and pinpoint systemic performance gaps and root causes.
- Evaluate alternative suppliers to ensure a smooth assembly flow of Combat Vehicle product.
- Conduct/Lead investigations of major problems and/or special projects focusing on developing strong partnerships with suppliers.
- Lead suppliers through the corrective action process when supplier rejects are issued.
- Travel to domestic suppliers, as needed ~25%
- Basic functional understanding of components within vehicle systems, including pneumatics, hydraulics, powertrain, suspension, brackets/mounts, and general mechanical weldments.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and fluid diagrams
- Act independently on general direction to research assigned commodities
- Excellent collaboration skills with cross-functional teams and project/program leads to continuously drive improvement in the supply base
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to analyze bills of material and to understand drawing key requirements
- Experience with PTC CREO to open models and drawings
- Familiarity with PTC Windchill product data management system
- 5 years of vehicle engineering experience
- 2 years working on-site with suppliers and/or customers
- Experienced in identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Former experience in analyzing technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, manufacturing limitations, or supplier facilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354500
Posted Date: 1/30/2019