Controls Engineer - Midland, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Controls Engineer to work onsite in Concord, NC area. While this is a 12+ month position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
Seeking experienced technician, AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical experience a plus, installation of equipment, troubleshooting, debug.
• Electrical Engineering/Technology Degree (Associates minimum)
• 5-10 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing setting
• Certifications preferred
• Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Corning Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD Electrical 2017)
• Provide sketches or redline existing drawings as needed and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen to resolve design issues.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment.
• Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment.)
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting, proficient with pneumatic and electrical schematics
• Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Thorough understanding of current loops.
• Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
• Machine control knowledge and understands classical control theory
• Basic mechanical aptitude.
• Travel is a possibility - Future projects may be in other NC locations.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Midland, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354502
Posted Date: 1/30/2019