System Engineer - New York, NY
Job Title : System Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Candidate would be actively engaged in architecture, design, development, unit testing, and stress testing of very high-end Java based Electronic Trading applications, and be a key participant in a small, focused and highly talented delivery team for front office trading development, specifically with Order Management and Market Data. The Electronic Trading application suite, built on common foundational frameworks, will be used to deliver sophisticated and complex front office trading solutions, and opportunities across multiple asset-classes, including Fixed Income, FX (Foreign Exchange) and Equities. The candidate will be expected to solve software, and infrastructure problems in relation to complex trading processes, design and develop extreme automated stress testing harnesses, recommend and implement solutions, participate in and conduct code review sessions, and provide process improvements. The candidate will additionally be expected to provide hands on technical support, advice, and consultation with open issues relating to supported applications plus assure quality, performance, security, trading risk controls, and compliance for those application platforms. Domain expertise in Fixed Income, FX and/or Equities, coupled with hands-on experience in building electronic trading platforms and/or components is a huge plus.
• Experience in building systems in Java and C/C++ to trade multiple asset classes in Fixed Income.
• High performance programming techniques in Java;
• Capability of conducting enterprise research and evaluation of new technologies;
• Working knowledge of mathematical modeling constructs substantially similar to one, or more, of the following (either as an individual contributor or in leading others): advanced mathematical concepts, such as financial engineering/advanced calculus/statistical modeling/concepts of probability;
• theoretical pricing characteristics, e.g., the Greeks; and/or expertise in developing technology in support of multiple, complex risk and/or pricing models which require ongoing evaluation based on market fluctuations, such as VaR, Counterparty Potential Future Exposure, stochastic modeling, derived market data and stress testing;
Nice to have:
• Knowledge and implementation of multiple Languages and hardware analysis
• Data Modeling experience
• Big Data Approach and implementation
• Extensive experience in the capital markets business and processes, e.g. - pricing of derivatives, trade lifecycle, electronic trading/algorithmic trading; and 14. Working knowledge of SEC, FNRA and International Regulations in building technological solutions.
New York, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354552
Posted Date: 1/31/2019