Packaging Engineer - Fountain Valley, CA
- The Packaging Sr. Engineer will strive to reduce incidents of damage and improve delivery condition of parts to Parts Distribution Centers (PDCs)/Original Equipment’s (OE) customers. The Packaging Sr. Engineer will recommend, analyze and select packaging materials and designs based on durability and cost effectiveness which withstand normal rigors during storage and transportation. He/she will analyze/review high reported damaged parts and submit packaging improvement requests to suppliers. Additionally he/she will review current PDC packing methods and develop standards and packaging guidelines for suppliers.
- Develop, review and approve new Accessory Packaging Proposals derived from the most current damage claims data
- incurred by packaging. (30%)
- Update Kia/Hyundai Dealer Damage Database and perform analytical analysis on high damage rate parts. (20%)
- Prepare vendor packaging improvement requests to base on high damage rate parts. (20%)
- Work with PDCs to review current packaging methods and loading/handling of parts shipmen ts. (20%)
- Monitor and prepare packaging improvement request report and distribute to management. (10%)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Reviews existing vendor packaging methods/designs and recommends revisions and improvements.
- Review new accessory product packaging designs to ensure product integrity under varying shipping conditions.
- Recommend changes as needed and provide guidance to suppliers on Mobis Parts America (MPA) requirements.
- Work with PDCs to review current packaging methods and practices.
- Update Kia/Hyundai Dealer Damage Database perform analytical ana lysis on high damage rate parts.
- Recommend, analyze, and selects materials for packaging based on durability and cost effectiveness.
- Prepare carrier claim information related to overseas shipments from Korea (KR), and domestic vendo rs, as needed.
- Maintain and update MPA Packaging Manual for domestic suppliers.
- Manage the packaging request monthly report to KR & local supplier s on improvement requests.
- Encourage all PDCs to use the same corrugated boxes for the same parts in order to increase th e volume but to lower the unit price.
- Review annu al corrugated bidding RFQ and the estimated annual usage for all PDCs.
- Test and analyze box samples from participating vendors and input any necessary rec ommendations.
- Eliminate unnecessary box sizes to keep the consolidated list through all PDCs and maximize cost sa vings.
- For managing corrugated box, work closely with all PDC managers and supervisors to monitor inventory trac king and
- Perform a variety of tasks and projects as required and w ork under general supervision.
- The Packaging Sr. Engineer is expected to operate within the policies and procedures established by the PDC Quality
- Operations and to adhere to generally accepted business practices.
- The Packaging Engineer is expected to identify and resolve issues arising within the areas of responsibility with a minimum of supervision.
Additional Experience Requirements
- 2-4 years of experience in the packaging field or in a related area.
- In-depth knowledge of packaging components/materials and techn ologies related to development, testing and implementation of new product packaging.
- 1-3 years experience with transportation d elivery systems and routing methods.
- Familiarity with auto parts, catalogs, diagrams, concepts and methodology.
- Knowledge and use of computer query language, such as SAS, QMF, etc.
Fountain Valley, CA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354604
Posted Date: 1/31/2019