Buyer - Sterling Heights, MI
Job Title: Buyer
Job Location: Sterling Heights, MI
- We currently have an opening in Sterling Heights, MI for a Buyer to work on a Military Vehicle program.
- Responsible for managing all affairs between company and suppliers/subcontractors for various types of subcontracts/Purchase Orders including both, fixed price and cost reimbursement.
- Responsible for managing all affairs relative to the position of General Procurement Buyer
- Analysis of Oracle system material needs
- Solicitation and preparation of Request for Quotes (RFQ's), Requests for Proposals (RFP's), and Request for Information (RFI's)
- Cost analysis of proposals
- Price analysis of quotes
- Proposal fact finding
- Negotiate proposals and offers to meet program and cost targets
- Purchase Order preparation, placement and continued administration/monitoring to assure subcontractor compliance
- Administer subcontracts/purchase orders, control costs and assure on-time delivery to support program requirements
- Buying which includes analysis of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) needs.
- Serve as the focal point between the suppliers and functional departments/program offices
- Manage Quality, Design, Payment issues with subcontractors
- Coordinate "Source Selection" process
- Ensure compliance with applicable procurement laws and regulations
- Administration of purchase orders via communication & on-site program reviews.
- Review and access all planning to assure subcontracts/purchase orders are placed within Vendor lead-time
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business area of study - Supply Chain Management degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience.
- Ability to use Oracle system & associated computer systems.
- Experience in cost and price analysis and write-ups.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Occasional domestic travel.
- Possible International travel.
- Strong communication (oral & written) and problem solving skills.
- Strong problem solving and program management skills.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Work in a team environment to meet team objectives and performance metrics.
- Perform under pressure to meet deadlines, provide timely updates, and communicate status with all parties involved.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & the Internet business applications are desired but are not mandated.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, systems and MRP.
- Ability to multi-task and proper management of work day and buying deck
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354624
Posted Date: 2/6/2019