Human Resources Business Partner II - Fountain Valley, CA
The Employee Relations & Safety/Workers' Compensation Business Partner is responsible for administering companywide Employee Relations ("ER") programs, investigation of employees’ complaints, and needs to understand any relevant states/Federal regulations regarding HR, Payroll and Employee best practices. This role also works with the Workers' Compensation & Safety Administrator and Operations Management to administer the organization’s workers' compensation and safety programs and guide management on achieving the organization's Safety goals. Administer corporate safety and health programs and objectives and coordinates safety training program. Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to PDC and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations. This position requires that incumbent must also exhibit ethical behavior as stewards of the organization.
- Manage Company-wide ER Programs, Disciplinary Action Notice ("DAN") and Standards; Listen to VOC of employees and create, modify and/or administer ER programs. Partner with managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues through coaching, counseling, investigations and conflict resolution. Understand and a administer State/Federal laws relating to HR, Payroll and employee practice
- Administer Company-wide Training Programs and Standards; Administer Company Safety Program.
- Act as back-up to WC & Safety Administrator. Manage Company Workers Compensation Program; Conduct Accident Investigations; Facilitate Claims Management. Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary
- Work with Safety Administrator on OSHA complaints
- Work with Safety Administrator to develop annual company safety and health goals
- Facilitate compliance and regulatory matters such as: Employee relations, Audits, OSHA Reporting and responding to external agencies
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Assist management team and employees with strategic planning and problem solving
- Understand and administer State/Federal laws relating to HR, Payroll and employee practices
- Investigate employee complaints including but not limits to harassment, discrimination, pay disparagement, etc., and
- mediate conflict resolution with 48hours.
- Listen to VOC of employees and create, modify and/or administer ER Programs
- Review and Update written OSHA compliance programs,
- Track issues developed through the monthly facility inspection process.
- Monitor and facilitate Division employee drug & alcohol testing (reasonable suspicion).
- Maintain and keep current the Division OSHA 300 log.
- Maintain Division accident and injury files.
- Monitor tracking system for accidents/injuries.
- Assist with monthly employee safety meetings/Serves as member of all corporate safety committees
- Administer Company Safety Award Program
- Coordinate information with worker’s comp adjusters (Travelers) and site claim managers on injury claims.
- Work with Safety Administrator to develop overall effective safety programs. Provide quarterly results and statistics to senior management, HR Coordinator and HR National Mgr.
- Benchmark best/most effective safety processes/procedures/programs to make MPA better Handle WC safety audits, make recommendations for improvement and ensure improvements implemented
- Training of facility supervisors in safety related topics. Work with HR Training Administrator and WC & Safety brokers to identify company safety and health programs and policies
- Participates in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
- Supports PDC personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Maintain corporate safety library (videos, regulations, reference manuals)
- Maintain on-going safety/hazard communication program and preparation of reports
- Advises PDC’s/corporate staff of regulatory changes with which the PDC/Corp. must comply. Sufficient advance notice should be provided so that compliance on the effective date of new regulations is ensured.
- Be proactive to look for ways to reduce injuries and WC cost. Work with worker compensation brokers
- Manage Employee Safety Reward Program.
- Collect and review safety meeting minutes PDC’s and Corporate
- Maintain Safety IIPP
- Handle reporting to Korea HQ’s, MPA report, loss-time injuries/illnesses and WC claims
- Update and maintain HR Activity report
- No major errors during the review period.
- Keep manager informed of any issues on a timely basis.
- Facilitate corporate training programs, such as Safety, IIPP and Emergency & Evacuation Plans.
- Coordinate supervisor training in areas of new hire orientation, progressive discipline and discharge processes
Additional Experience Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in HR or equivalent; combination of work experience and education will be considered
- 5 to 10 years progressive experience in HR as Generalist or WC, EHS ,Employee Relations,
- Experience in job analysis, Workers Comp & Safety, Employee Relations and HR consulting.
- Administration of multi-state programs for exempt and non-exempt employees. Experience with international knowledge desired.
SKILLS -ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Strong team player/good at working with others
- Customer focused; Operates with high sense of urgency
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Open to changing priorities
- Knowledge of the business and organization
- Specific HR knowledge and expertise
- HR Planning & Analysis
- Knowledge of ERISA, COBRA, HIPPA regulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation, project and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, can research or benchmark to find best practices.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, HRIS, Budgeting, Payroll systems, SAP, Ability to program spreadsheets, etc.
- Influence and Change Management; guide changes in the organization
Fountain Valley, CA
United States of America
Human Resources/Training / Human Resources
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner II
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354782
Posted Date: 2/4/2019