Quality Technician I - Pittston, PA
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Quality Technician to work onsite in Pittston, PA. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do.
Requires moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job and a familiarity with terminology and procedures. Follows previously defined procedures. Proposes and implements basic solutions to routine problems. Refers atypical or complex problems to others. Works under close site supervision. Provided instructions for routine work. Recommends actions to improve efficiency. Able to perform duties within prescribed timeframes and maintain confidentiality. Contacts are primarily within the immediate work group.
Hard Skills preferred:
• Ability to use precision measurement instruments
• Basic ability to read blueprints and specifications
• Ability to enter data into computer
• Ability to check and analyze data
* Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with the integrity of manufactured products and processes from an engineering standpoint, esp. design specifications, testing procedures, and minimum quality standards.
* Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
* Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
* Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
* Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
* Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
* Areas of specialization include: design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
* May also be responsible for the unit's Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma) project portfolio, assuring the effective use of different improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean, DESGN, etc) toward the achievement of division or plant strategic goals.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Technician I
Location: Pittston, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354796
Posted Date: 2/1/2019