Quality Technician II - Big Flats, NY
- Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with the integrity of manufactured products and processes from an engineering standpoint, esp. design specifications, testing procedures, and minimum quality standards.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Areas of specialization include: design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- May also be responsible for the unit's Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma) project portfolio, assuring the effective use of different improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean, DESGN, etc) toward the achievement of division or plant strategic goals.
- Sound knowledge of job and a substantial acquaintance with the general aspects of the job. Intermediate level technical understanding.
- Implements standard procedures and proposes intermediate level modifications to improve workflow.
- Still generally obtains input to solve more complex problems. Works under general site supervision.
- Able to gather information independently using established and defined procedures.
- Able to train new employees to established procedures.
- Takes initiative in the area of continuous improvement.
- Uses some discretion.
- Contacts are typically within organization.
- May occasionally have contacts with others outside of the organization to seek clarity or ask for interpretation.
Big Flats, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Technician II
Location: Big Flats, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354891
Posted Date: 2/1/2019