Planner / 6-Month Assignment - Houston, TX
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the planning, cost and schedule execution of assigned products using existing software systems.
- Manage Item Master Attribute data to create a time phased material plan that supports the Master Schedule and inventory investment objectives.
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate schedule execution issues. Facilitate resolution of cross functional issues as appropriate.
- Manage PIDs from creation through financial closure. Work with purchasing and manufacturing to determine when to release new PIDs.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of ECOs.
- Ensure the data integrity of the ERP system, including but not limited to Item Master Attribute and PID data.
- Interact closely with production control to ensure accurate information resides in PID packets on shop floor.
- Work closely with the manufacturing floor, production control, and manufacturing engineering to determine and implement appropriate work center and router set up.
- Work with manufacturing, cost accounting and purchasing to understand and report PID cost variances. Report variances to management as required.
- Proactively interact with engineering, purchasing, production control, and manufacturing to ensure effective communication and execution of Master Schedule.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment, observes and follows safety policies, wears appropriate and prescribed personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree plus three (3) years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Working know of Peoplesoft or similar business management software
- Understanding of ERP and MRP logic and inventory management
- Engineering or technical degree
- CPIM certification
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Planner / 6-Month Assignment
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 354929
Posted Date: 2/4/2019