Oracle GoldenGate Engineer - Round Rock, TX
Oracle GoldenGate Engineer / 355282
Duration: 6 months possible extension
Location: Round Rock, TX
12/7/365 on-call availability, with weekly rotation
This position is for Oracle GoldenGate Engineer. The candidate will implement and support Oracle GoldenGate replication components across many databases. Working closely with many application teams and implementing near real time replications with GoldenGate. Candidate should provide operational support as well. This position reports to Sr. Manager.
- Configure and build Golden Gate Extracts/replicat for multiple heterogeneous databases including Big Data Adapter
- Configure and build heartbeat monitoring in Golden Gate.
- Configure error handling for restart, logging, production support and status reporting in GG.
- Identify and produce documentation of best practices.
- Trouble shooting and performance tuning GoldenGate replications.
- Implementing necessary monitoring scripts for GoldenGate in Unix/Perl scripting
- Operational support experience
- Creating database objects in operational data store and maintaining them.
- Working with project management team to plan release activities.
- Working closely with multiple teams and providing GoldenGate solutions as and when needed.
- Working with Oracle on SRs for critical issues.
- Automation of tasks using Python/Shell Scripting
- Contribute towards Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning efforts
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with problem solving skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or equivalent with 12+ years of overall IT experience
- 4-7 years of experience in Oracle Golden Gate and strong experience as Oracle DBA
- Experience with installing, patching, upgrading, administering, scripting and maintaining GoldenGate Application Server
- Proven experience in automation
- Experience in Oracle BigData Adapter
- Experience with Python scripting and Shell Scripting
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate technical issues in English to individuals with various technical backgrounds
- 12/7/365 on-call availability, with weekly rotation
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Oracle GoldenGate Engineer
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 355282
Posted Date: 2/5/2019