Virtual Analysis Engineer - Chassis - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Product Engineer - Chassis Virtual Analysis is responsible for supporting vehicle programs with analysis/optimization of suspension/steering sub-system kinematics and compliance.
- The selected candidate will also provide analytical assessments of full vehicle steady-state and transient handling behavior and calculation of associated component loads. Participation in development/implementation of associated processes is also required.
- BSME from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited university.
- 3+ years of chassis design/development engineering experience.
- Solid understanding of system/component design/development processes.
- Familiarity with processes and simulation techniques associated with suspension/steering/brake system kinematics/compliance/vibration studies, vehicle ride/handling assessments, component. structural analysis, and optimization.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with associated simulation tools: ADAMS/Car, Opti-struct, NASTRAN, AMEsim, CARsim, I-Sight, Matlab, Simulink
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate activities with the extended team.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methods - Ability to extract component detail from NX, Teamcenter and CoDeP.
- Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work to management and cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) Ability to develop custom routines (Visual Basic, ADAMS command files, ADAMS/Car templates, Matlab, etc.) to support process enhancement and standardization
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Virtual Analysis Engineer - Chassis
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 355286
Posted Date: 2/11/2019