Claims Specialist - Fountain Valley, CA
- The Claims Specialist under the general supervision of the Logistics Manager and in coordination with the Logistics Group, will monitor, audit, and process HMA and KMA carrier claims, update required records, and maintain documentation of carrier claims administered by the MPA PDC’s. Under minimal supervision this position will regularly exercise discretion and independent decision-making in resolving discrepancies/variances of all carrier claims. This position will negotiate claims dispositions with MPA freight carriers to reduce MPA liability and claim payments. This position will also work with the PDC associate assigned to correct claim liability codes and will authorize reimbursement of the claim.
- The Claims Specialist will work closely with MPA Parts Operations to insure accurate process of claims on behalf of MPA. The Claims Specialist will be responsible for processing and distributing weekly and monthly reports to management. The Claims Specialist will also be responsible for researching data from the Amos data warehouse via queries and handle the newly developed claim process within the Logistics department.
- Monitor, review, and process all KMA and HMA Carrier freight claims through our newly developed Carrier freight claim process.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing freight claims, carrier claim dispositions, and negotiating results benefiting MPA.
- Work with PDC contact to assure liability codes are assigned correctly and work to make corrections as necessary.
- Collect funds related to claim reimbursement from MPA freight Carriers and prepare documentation and communication as needed.
- Process weekly, monthly claim data and Logistics ad hoc claim reports as requested.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- PI’s are .18% (or less) damage claim rate and 2% (or greater) re-imbursement of carrier claim damage dollars
- Initiate claim process with Carrier for HMA and KMA submitted dealer claims.
- Review claim liability codes assigned by PDC associates for validity.
- Administer emails and phone communications with dealers and Carriers for claim issues as needed.
- Negotiate claim dispositions with Carriers to reduce MPA claim liability and claim payouts.
- Follow up with Carriers on claim reimbursement payments on a quarterly basis.
- Provide management weekly and monthly claim reports.
- Back up Transportation Analyst claim process duties as needed.
- Provide data warehouse queries and analysis as required by management.
- Assist Manager in short and long range claim planning functions.
No travel is required for this role.
MAJOR CHALLENGES AND KEY DECISIONS
- The Claims Specialist is expected to operate within the policies and procedures established by the Logistics Department and to adhere to generally accepted business practices.
- The Analyst is expected to identify and resolve issues arising within the areas of responsibility with a minimum of supervision.
Bachelors (Bachelor degree in a related field or the equivalent of directly related experience.)
Additional Experience Requirements
- Experience in related logistics activities such as: freight rates, freight claims and other sea/air/land carrier related activities. Accounting, general ledger experience a plus.
- Experience with an automotive parts importer in the areas of importing, transportation and accounts payable.
Fountain Valley, CA
United States of America
Legal/Compliance/Finance / Finance
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Claims Specialist
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 355361
Posted Date: 2/7/2019