Sales Customer Service Representative - Branchburg, NJ
The Sales Customer Service Representative located in Branchburg, NJ is responsible for solving customer issues, taking phone calls or providing support by email, diagnosing technical problems, offering guidance, and answering to customer inquiries. In this role, you are responsible for supporting the West Coast and East Coast sites therefore periodically hours may need to reflect Pacific Standard Time. In addition, you will be required to dial into conference calls at different times to accommodate customers in different time zones, weekends along with being flexible to changing scheduled hours as needed.
LOCATION: Branchburg, NJ 08876
STATUS: 6 month contract with possible extension or direct hire
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Learn and become proficient in entering orders into the company ERP system. Full order management and fulfillment responsibility for both existing and new customers.
• Learn to create new product part numbers and customers in the company ERP system. Accurately incorporate all customer-specific requirements within ERP.
• Provide same day response to customers requesting price quotations.
• Follow up daily with inbound leads and quotations.
• Develop a working knowledge of accounts.
• Become knowledgeable of company product offerings, industry termination and company operations.
• Provide support and work in connection with outside field sales and strategic account managers.
• Present monthly highlights to the commercial team.
• Build rapport with operations team to understand product offering lead times and establish inventory levels. Participate in the monthly Sales & Operations meetings.
• Provide periodic reports to the Commercial Team on competitive intelligence.
• Assist in providing sales forecasts to the Operations Team.
• Utilize in depth knowledge of customer processes, requirements and personnel to independently resolve problems and develop solutions to customer needs.
• Make decisions as needed off-hours or without supervision to ensure an uninterrupted supply of product to customers.
• Proactively develop the knowledge of customer needs and characteristics to improve customer satisfaction. ? Product Promotion: Coordinate activities and communication between customers, materials management, production plants, distribution and product management to continually improve service levels and proactively respond to business needs. Leverage communications and networking skills to represent the business as a seamless total-solutions provider.
• Technical Knowledge: Develop and utilize of depth of knowledge of products to assist customers in product handling issues, technical support, and new product opportunities.
• Commercial: Assume ownership of contract management with a focus on accurate representation of customer requirements and agreements to ensure timely invoicing. Work directly with accounts receivable to resolve any invoicing queries or requests.
• Successfully complete all required trainings.
• Support West Coast site
• Travel as needed
• Support team members as needed
• Associate Degree with 5 years equivalent work experience.
• Previous customer service or inside sales experience with chemicals a plus.
• Competent with standard MS-Office software applications.
• Excellent communication and phone skills.
• Ability to effectively motivate the activities of individuals in operations to meet customer commitments.
• Collaborative approach to working within a team environment
• Good problem solving ability, Good organizational skills
• Limited travel required
• Ability to multi-task
• Detail oriented
• Capability of working on the global level with colleagues and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• SAP experience a plus
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sales Customer Service Representative
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 355431
Posted Date: 2/7/2019