3D Modeler / Long-Term Contract / Downstream Project - Lake Charles, LA
The role may require responsibility for collaboration with other offices, field data gathering, the arrangement and layout of equipment and the design of the interconnecting piping systems. The position includes responsibility for the following types of activities.
• Discipline lead role on project team.
• Coordination of engineering and design activities with other project disciplines.
• Assist in schedule development as part of interactive planning sessions with other project team members.
• Maintain control of project piping scope, budget, and schedule.
• Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API and other applicable codes.
• Preparation of plot plans, equipment layout, nozzle orientations
• Development of orthographic and isometric drawings.
• Generate/review piping specifications and obtain vendor quotation.
• Provide input for vendor equipment coordination for piping.
• Provide material take-off and costs for project estimates.
• Develop construction specifications and scope of work documentation.
• Perform field verification activities since many projects are a retrofit nature.
• Support construction, commissioning and start-up activities.
• Domestic and international travel is required. Up to 20% travel.
• Must be able to work in Operating Plant Environments
• AA in drafting/design or BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline with a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
• Piping experience in pulp and paper, semiconductor, oil and gas, and/or chemical industries.
• Familiarity with ASME Piping Codes. • 10+ yrs. experience working in Petrochemical industry in piping design
• Proficient in use of AutoCAD and CadWorx 3D piping design software
• Experience in using LFM software to generate piping models from 3D Laser Scans
Lake Charles, LA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: 3D Modeler / Long-Term Contract / Downstream Project
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 355519
Posted Date: 2/7/2019