QA Test Engineer - Tampa , FL
We are looking for a QA Tester for a contract opportunity in Tampa, FL.
Primary responsibility is to develop and implement test plans utilizing test scripts or automated testing software. This candidate will be responsible for isolation of software defects and bugs and validating that fixes are implemented. Required to ensure that new and / or modified software applications meet standards and end-user requirements. Strong written and verbal communications skills are essential. Will work closely with end users and programmers. Should be familiar with software development cycle and best practice quality assurance methodologies and standards.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of relevant experience.
Job Function and Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides expertise in a specialized discipline of testing (such as test case design & execution)
- Participate in Daily Huddles, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Sprint Review and Retrospective, and Project Retrospectives for assigned initiatives
- Establish and execute testing plans and scripts, review expected results and document result logs.
- Develop testing and training procedures where applicable.
- Designs test scenarios and scripts, executes test cases, compares results to functional and non-functional requirements and reports defects to QA Lead, with limited guidance
- Assist end-users in the definition of problems and their impact.
- Review internal designs (data, programs, libraries, etc.) to improve the system functionality
- Performs other assignments to comply with business strategies and initiatives.
- Understand the technology our application/systems are built with from a code analysis standpoint
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues.
- Can identify the mission and objectives of the major business functions of a project, and identify the key business processes within that function.
- Can identify what can be leveraged from automation versus manual testing
- College degree and/or prior practical experience ( 10 + years) in the areas of systems design/analysis and quality assurance.
- The ability to run and verify end to end testing using different types of technology and tools (ex RESTful API, SOAP web services, batch applications)
- Has experience applying automated testing tools – Can run and evaluate Selenium Automation scripts.
- Performance testing background
- May assist in execution and analysis of performance test scripts and outcomes.
- Knowledge of backend database including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Experience working in an Insurance / Finance industry
- Understands the interoperability of systems, technologies and applications that may have an impact on a change or set of changes
- Strong skills and experience in performing Quality Assurance verification of all software enhancements.
- Self-motivated individual able to evaluate, maintain and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on the design and flow in support of the implementation of high volume, mission critical Production systems.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in an aggressive, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to learn through on the job experience.
- Strong SQL skills
- Soap UI (Ready API) background
- Extensive knowledge of API, web service testing not just verifying request and response
- Lead experience on projects
- Experience working with vendors is a plus
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Strong analytical skills and experience in performing Quality Assurance verification of all software enhancements
- Quality Center / ALM experience 11.0, 11.53
- Strong Web applications testing background.
- Working knowledge of document management tools / written correspondence
Tampa , FL
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: QA Test Engineer
Location: Tampa , FL
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 355636
Posted Date: 2/8/2019