IT Desktop Support - Corning, NY
The Event Support Technician works within the IT Global Executive Support Team supporting small to large scale corporate events. They work closely with service owners, a/v technicians, event support and executive level personnel. The individual works with both internal and outside vendors and at other locations that may not be part of the campus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This position is a front-line event support position requiring excellent customer service and troubleshooting.
- Assist with executive level audio conferences.
- Participate in the planning, deployment and support for highly visible corporate events.
- Includes set up and tear down of technical equipment (AV/IT) internal and various off-site locations.
- Dissecting complex problems, resolution and installation of hardware/software solutions.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of information gained while supporting meetings.
- Successful candidate is motivated to go above and beyond and can function as part of a high-performance team.
- Excellent communication is essential.
- Develop professional working relationships with customer base and vendors.
- Domestic Travel, Overnights and late nights as needed.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40 hours/week with the exception of after hour event support (Non-Exempt)
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Three plus years of experience working in an AV/IT environment.
- Organization is required.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities, strong customer service drive, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Availability for pre-scheduled evening and weekend events is required.
- Base network knowledge.
- Strong grasp of enterprise sharing applications (Box, Sharepoint, Webex)
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Office product suite
- Highly process orientated.
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of overall enterprise IT service portfolio is preferred.
- Avixa CTS certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with web conferencing applications
- Experience with Mac /Windows/iOS/Android
- Experience with high profile event support
- Self-discipline and motivation
- Ability and desire to learn new skills.
- Communicate verbally, in writing and through presentation to peers, supervisor and customers
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IT Desktop Support
Location: Corning, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 355673
Posted Date: 2/11/2019