Certified Paralegal - Direct Hire - Sugarland, TX - Freeport, TX
This position is direct hire and is located in Sugarland, TX. A paralegal certification is REQUIRED. Please apply and attach an updated resume if you would like to be considered.
Responsible to coordinate and provide substantial assistance to support a variety of legal functions. Coordinates Company’s risk management program, updates and implements compliance policies and procedures, assists in the management of the Company’s intellectual property portfolio, and assists with contract review and negotiation. Acts as liaison between General Counsel, outside counsel and Company personnel. Provides a substantial amount of legal and administrative support to General Counsel.
- Coordinates Company’s risk management programs under the direction of General Counsel. Works with insurance department and other departments within Company to identify areas of risk and potential exposure and solutions.
- Assists with and conducts compliance program activities, including coordinating and compiling compliance policies, procedures, training, and periodic reporting. Supports General Counsel regarding statutory compliance, bonding, audits, and other compliance matters as may be necessary.
- Assists with the review of customer contracts through the company's Contract Management System. Processes the incoming flow of contract review work and coordinates with other members of the Legal Department.
- Updates files, develops workflow and processes, and maintains an accurate status report of all departmental projects. Proactively works to improve the efficiency of Legal Department processes.
- Provides investigation, research and analysis in support of legal decisions, internal investigations, and litigation as they arise.
- Maintains and drafts documents related to corporate governance as necessary, including updating corporate approval guidelines. Maintains corporate records and books.
- Assists with the development and modification of corporate policies, procedures and forms as required pertaining to legal issues.
- Assists in the management of the Company’s intellectual property, including the prosecution and maintenance of patents and trademarks. Researches issues and consults with outside counsel as necessary.
- Serves as first point of contact for internal and external Legal Department inquiries.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of routine and complex written inquiries.
- Drafts routine correspondence. Maintains all legal files.
- Supports General Counsel with administrative tasks, including but not limited to answering calls, scheduling appointments, and preparing various documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by General Counsel and as determined by circumstances.
- Performs all work safely, contributes to improving safety in the workplace, and if/when supervising others is responsible for their safety.
Education & Experience: BS degree or equivalent experience required; Paralegal Certification preferred. Five to eight years’ experience in law firm, in house legal department, or other legal environment highly preferred.
Experience working with or managing a highly organized workflow system or Contract Management System preferred.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must be able to perform each task satisfactorily. The candidate must: 1) possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills, excellent attention to detail; 2) possess strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe); 3) be able to work with limited supervision, manage work in a discreet and confidential manner ensuring information is shared with internal and external individuals only as appropriate; 4) be capable of interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization in a professional and effective manner; 5) be able to take responsibility for projects/assignments of broader scope, independently seeking appropriate internal and external resources as necessary; and 6) be able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks under simultaneous deadlines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Certified Paralegal - Direct Hire - Sugarland, TX
Location: Freeport, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 355738
Posted Date: 2/11/2019