Powertrain VF Systems & Validation Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Powertrain VF Systems & Validation Engineer is responsible for the creation of Vehicle Functional documents (VF) which define high level electrification requirements to meet the Customer Functional Objectives (CFOs).
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the creation of associated documents to the VF such as Failure Modes & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Component Functional Technical Specification (CFTS), Design Validation Plan (DVP) as well as the Design Validation Plan Results (DVP&R).
- The selected candidate will also be responsible for validation of the software implementation of their vehicle functions utilizing various methods -- Hardware in the Loop (HIL), system bench and vehicles.
- Additionally, work with other vehicle disciplines to ensure the vehicle function as defined from both a hardware and software are compatible and meet OEM corporate standards.
- Lastly, will be a participant in Requirement Analysis Reviews (RAR), Sub-System Team (SST) meetings, subsystem FMEAs, development testing, root cause analysis and corrective action teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science Engineering from an Abet University 2+ yrs of automotive powertrain system development
- Electrification Principles of Automobiles Automotive communication protocols - CAN, LIN, SPI Vehicle electrical architecture & wiring schematics
- Documentation applications
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
- Communication Tools -- Vector CANalyzer or CANoe, ETAS INCA Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Leadership qualities to lead cross functional team development meetings.
- Proficiency in analytical reasoning and troubleshooting of complicated issues.
- Multi-tasked, organized and self-directed.
- IBM DOORS experience is a plus
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Powertrain VF Systems & Validation Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 355952
Posted Date: 2/19/2019