Restaurant Operations Data Analysis Assistant - Irvine, CA
Job Title: Restaurant Operations Data Analysis Assistant
Location: Irvine, CA
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt, Fulltime
Reports To: Director of Operations
Hourly Rate: $19-20/h DOE
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Required experiences: Please see the bottom of the below job description
The Data Analysis Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of duties from general administrative/clerical tasks to consolidating and executing confidential information. The Data Analysis Assistant often is responsible for running sales reports, drafting correspondence, doing research, compiling data and maintaining databases. S/he must be detail oriented and good with numbers.
• Interprets data and analyzes results using statistical techniques to generate reports.
• Verifies data by comparing it to source documents for deficiencies; establishes entry priorities.
• Processes account source documents and resolves discrepancies by using standard procedures and/or returning documentation to Director of Operations for resolution.
• Purges files (digital and hard copies) to check accuracy and eliminate duplication of data.
• Follows data program techniques and procedures in order to maintain data entry requirements.
• Sorts and organizes paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not misplaced.
• Creates and maintains logbooks of entered data and changes accordingly.
• Secures information by running and completing database backups on a periodic basis; tests new database systems and performs mock data entry tasks. Identifies project milestones and recommends modifications when needed.
• Protects operations by keeping all information confidential.
• Works shifts or days as assigned by Manager in accordance with the Company’s business needs.
• Must be able to do light lifting, stooping, bending and climbing.
• Maintains good communication with executive management, store management, co-workers, and outside contacts.
• Other tasks as assigned by Director of Operations.
• When directed by Director of Operations, interacts with contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Helps solve problems that affect the office’s efficiency, service and productivity.
• Provides excellent customer service and satisfaction when visible and readily accessible to our customers.
Safety, Loss Prevention and Procedural Compliance:
· Assists Manager in Loss Prevention in curbing internal and external theft.
· Abides by the Company’s Safety and IIPP Programs.
· Ensures satisfactory maintenance, appearance and condition of assigned areas to comply with security, safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
· Complies with all Health and OSHA requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 2-year college degree preferred but not required; 1- 3 years of data entry experience desired, in a retail or corporate establishment desirable. Experience in a similar or comparable work environment, strong work ethic supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
· Above average knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Advanced Excel skills (e.g. Micro, Pivot Table and other advanced functions, etc.) are required and must.
· Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention and accuracy.
· Knowledge of statistics and use of statistical programs (Excel) for analyzing data sets.