Product Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family. Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- Responsible for designing and developing PT Propulsion product/product family controllers.
- Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel.
- Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- Engineer will provide vehicle integration-system level design, release and testing of powertrain propulsion controllers including engine, transmission, drivetrain and PHeV, BSG, BEV modules.
- Will develop and manage controller integration & Release deliverables such as system schematics, part releases & complexity management, and DVP&R for multiple vehicle programs lines.
- Will Integrate, validate and release Powertrain Propulsion Electronic Controllers into Automotive Electrical Systems, which includes managing hardware, software and calibration design levels to meet customer expectations for a particular design phase.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, or other related Engineering degree.
- 1-3 years relevant experience preferably in vehicle electrical systems or powertrain propulsion electrical systems design, development, and validation.
- Strong foundation in electrical engineering with the ability to navigate electrical schematics and utilize digital volt ohmmeters / oscilloscopes for troubleshooting powertrain propulsion electrical and electronic systems & components.
- Basic understanding of electronic management systems for powertrain propulsion systems as well as the fundamentals of internal combustion engine operation and electronic transmission.
- Operation Knowledge of CAN communication bus protocol and fluency in the use of CAN data acquisition tools.
- Desired Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment and during non-traditional work hours on some occasions (including weekends).
- Previous experience must demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Individual should be able to improvise and adapt to changing priorities while working independently or in conjunction with fellow team members.
- Strong problem solving skills to analytically-attack engineering issues.
- Good organizational skills for projects and engineering thought process.
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 356222
Posted Date: 2/19/2019