Cloud Security Architect (AWS); Remote/McLean, VA - McLean, VA
W2 candidate only. Non-local candidates are welcomed to apply. Client will pick up travel expenses (onsite is every other week).
AWS Certifications are desired!
Location: Remote/McLean, VA (onsite 50% of the time M-Th)-Client pays for any travel expenses
Duration: 6 months+ Contract
Requirements: Background Check & Drug Test
Location: McLean, VA (50% on-site)
Skills needed: Provides hands on keyboard support to implement security protocol, tooling, and provide architecture code and testing for AWS.
WHAT YOU WILL DO –
Analyze and design security solutions for applications and infrastructure, and provide expertise and consulting to clients. Identify and document information security risks and propose mitigating controls. Will be responsible for understanding complex business IT needs, requirements, and projects scopes, with a focus on information security requirements. Research, design, and develop new information security controls for clients. Assess current IT environments and make recommendations to increase security. Assist clients in troubleshooting and resolving information security issues. Author project and support documentation and diagrams. Implement security solutions.
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE –
- Assessed, developed and implemented, operationalized and documented comprehensive security technologies and processes. Secure software development, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security (VPNs) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Architected solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud providers and SOA for cloud-based services. Worked with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Performed security design/architecture reviews, code reviews, and penetration tests of large applications, systems and/or networks.
- Worked on large scale cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and understand security challenges involve in deploying Cloud Applications. Created and maintained security policies and procedures, managing the protection of information systems and assets.
- Performed threat modeling and design reviews assessing security implications and requirements introducing new technologies.
- Hand-on experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions.
- Solid understanding of a range of compliance, regulatory and legal requirements and relevant principles, best practices and standards across multiple industries.
- Preferred industries: financial services, telecommunications. Examples would include: PCI, SOX, GLBA, CSA, PCI, NIST, ISO, IEEE, FedRAMP, HIPAA and TCG.
- Have working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, Ping, Okta, etc) and key management (Safenet, Vormetric, other).
- ADDED BONUS - Cloud security and/or architecture related certifications - AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Certified DevOps Engineer
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Cloud Security Architect (AWS); Remote/McLean, VA
Location: McLean, VA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 356422
Posted Date: 2/20/2019