VB/VB.Net Developer - Addison, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a VB and SQL Developer to work on a team at our client site in Addison, NY. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Experience: 1-3 years of experience is acceptable, more than 3 years of experience is preferred. This is more of an entry level developer role.
Education: 4 year degree is required.
Top 2 Required Technical Skills:
1. Software development experience with VB and VB.net
2. SQL experience and/or knowledge
Scope of Position
• Analyst for IMS solution delivery
• Developer for Integrated Manufacturing Systems (IMS) GE Proficy solution and SSRS solutions.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Develop, test, and implement software solutions
• Interact with customer to gather and define system requirements
• Review and respond to documented issues related to a system change
• Provide oversight of development work. Monitor the quality of the output to ensure end product meets required specifications
.• Trouble-shoot complex applications problems or other IT problems that may have a significant impact on the business
• Utilize Software Development Life-cycle processes
• In depth understanding of SQL Server software and in developing complex queries, views, triggers, stored procedures and reporting services reports (SSRS).
• In depth understanding of .Net, ASP, and VB
• Ability to work independently to develop, test, troubleshoot, and document system requirements
• Ability to accurately and effectively communicate the status of tasks
• Ability to provide accurate estimates of the time and effort required to complete tasks
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and management
• Ability to work with end users to develop requirements
• GE Proficy experience
• Experience developing solutions for manufacturing applications
• Experience utilizing Team Foundation Server
Education and Experience
• 4 year degree required Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership)
• Self-starter and takes ownership for deliverables and deadlines
• Team player
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: VB/VB.Net Developer
Location: Addison, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 356526
Posted Date: 2/19/2019