VB.Net/SQL Developer - Addison, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Developer to work on a team at our client site in Addison, NY. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Top 2 Required Technical Skills:
1. Software development experience with VB and VB.net
2. SQL experience and/or knowledge
• Analyst for IMS solution delivery.
• Developer for Integrated Manufacturing Systems (IMS), GE Proficy solution, and SSRS solutions.
• Develop, test, and, implement software solutions.
• Interact with customer to gather and define system requirements.
• Review and respond to documented issues related to a system change.
• Provide oversight of development work.
• Monitor quality of the output to ensure end product meets required specifications.
• Trouble-shoot complex applications problems or other IT problems that may have a significant impact on the business.
• Utilize software development life-cycle processes required skills.
• In depth understanding of SQL Server software and in developing complex queries, views, triggers, stored procedures and reporting services reports (SSRS).
• In depth understanding of .Net, ASP, and VB.
• Ability to work independently to develop, test, troubleshoot, and document system requirements.
• Ability to accurately and effectively communicate the status of tasks.
• Ability to provide accurate estimates of the time and effort required to complete tasks.
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and management.
• Ability to work with end users to develop requirements.
• GE Proficy experience.
• Experience developing solutions for manufacturing applications.
• Experience utilizing Team Foundation Server
Education and Experience.
• 4 year degree required
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: VB.Net/SQL Developer
Location: Addison, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 356527
Posted Date: 2/20/2019